Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from the official recruitment website of the Indian Army)
In order to apply for the upcoming NDA examination, it is important that you meet the eligibility criteria specified by the concerned board. Even if the candidate fails to meet one of the following criteria, his application shall be rejected. The following eligibility criteria should be met by the applicants.
Nationality – The applicant should be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Army Wing – The applicants should have cleared their class 12th exam or its equivalent from a recognized board/ university.
- Air Force and Naval Wings and for 12th Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy – Candidates who have cleared their class 12th exam with Physics, and Mathematics from a recognized board/ university are eligible.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in class 11th exam are not eligible to apply.
NDA I 2021 – Only male candidates who are unmarried and not born earlier than 2nd July 2002 (Approx. 18.5 Years) and not later than 1st July 2005 (Approx. 15.5 Years).
NDA II 2021- Only male candidates who are unmarried and not born earlier than 2nd Jan 2003 (Approx. 18.5 Years) and not later than 1st Jan 2006 (Approx. 15.5 Years).
Note: The Commission will consider the date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation certificate or an equivalent examination certificate that has been authorized by the concerned University.
Marital Status – The applicant should be unmarried (Male only).
Educational Qualification –
- If the applicant is willing to apply for the Army wing of the National Defense Academy, then he should be a 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern from a recognized State Educational Board or a University.
- If the applicant is willing to apply for the Airforce and Naval Force of the National Defense Academy, then the applicant should be a 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern with Physics and Mathematics, from a recognized State Educational Board or University.
Note: Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination from a recognized educational board or university can also apply. The applicant shall have to produce the original 10+2 certificate at the time of the interview, failing which his candidature will be rejected.