About GP RATING
GP Rating stands for General Purpose Rating. This is a 6 months residential Pre-sea training that a candidate can start after completing 10th. A pre-sea maritime course is a course that is taken before sailing on a merchant navy ship. This is a theoretical and Practical study of General Ship and Marine Engineering Knowledge. After successfully completion of the course the trainees join the merchant navy ship as a deck or engine crew. The course is approved by DG shipping, Govt. of India and conducted twice a year with batches commencing January and July each year.
- Pass with aggregate 40% marks in 10th Standard from a recognized Board with Science, Mathematics as subjects and with minimum 40% marks in English language.
- Pass in 2-Year I.T.I. course from Govt. Approved Institute with minimum 50% aggregate marks in final year and minimum 40% marks in English at 10th or Diploma Exam.
- Age must be between 17.5- 25 years.
- Candidates should be Physically Fit for Sea Service under DGS norms.
- Eyesight 6/6 without any external aids.
- No Colour Blindness
Syllabus for GP Rating Entrance Exam
The questions will be based on Xth class comprises MATHS, ENGLISH, GK and Current Affairs
Most famous colleges for GT RATING
- TS Rahaman
TS Rahaman is one of the best colleges for GP Rating in India. The college provides industry-standard training and has a good placement record too. It provides a 6-month course and charges a fee of 2,45,000 for the same. Once you complete the course, the college provides you with the CDC for Ratings. For detailed information about the college, please visit their website- www.tsrahaman.org
- National Union of Seafarers of India (NUSI), Goa
NUSI Goa is known for a highly strict and disciplined curriculum for GP Rating. It is a completely residential course, and no leaves are allowed during the duration of the course.
Anglo-Eastern, Dockendale, and MOL are the big recruiters for this college. During the pandemic, NUSI Goa provided its trainees with the best placement. The college charges a fee of INR 1,50,000/- including boarding and lodging for its 6-month GP Rating Course along with an additional INR 13,000 for the uniform and INR 2,000 is submitted as caution money. For detailed information about the college, please visit their website- www.nusiacademy.edu.in
- Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies (GEIMS)
GEIMS is a highly reputed maritime college having its own shipping company along with tie-ups with many other leading shipping companies. It also provides a 100% Placement to its trainees, along with a 5-years sponsorship contract. This is the only college in the country provides Education loan for GP Rating. For detailed information please visit: www.geinstitute.com