IBPS PO Exam 2019 Pattern:
|Number of Rounds||3 (Prelims, Mains, Interview)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for correct answer-0.25 for the incorrect answer|
|Exam Duration for Preliminary Round||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Exam Duration for Mains||3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Additional Descriptive paper in Mains)|
|IBPS PO 2019 Interview Maximum Marks||100|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Interview||40% (35% for Reserved Classes)|
IBPS PO Prelims and Mains exams will be held on October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019 and November 30, 2019 respectively. Around 20 lakh students are expected to appear for IBPS PO this year.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern for Prelims
- Mode of Examination–IBPS PO Prelims will be conducted in online mode.
- Number of Sections- There are 3 sections in IBPS PO Prelims viz. English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- Duration of Exam- The exam will be of 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Nature of Questions- Questions in the exam will be objective type (MCQs). Each question will have 4 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
- Marking Scheme– Each question will carry 1 mark. Also, there is a provision of negative marking i.e. for every wrong answer, ¼ mark would be deducted.
- Language of Exam- For English section, candidates have to answer in English Language only, the rest of the sections will be covered in English and Hindi languages.
Join Study Campus Mumbai, for TOP IBPS PO Coaching Classes in Borivali, Mumbai.
Section-wise Weight age of Prelims Exam
According to the key changes in IBPS PO exam, the separate cut-off will be considered in Prelims so as to qualify for the Mains exam. Each section will be allotted 20 minutes unlike earlier where 60 minutes were allocated to all the sections together.
|Section Name||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern for Mains
- Mode of Examination: – IBPS PO Mains will be conducted in online mode.
- Number of Sections: – There are 4 sections in IBPS PO Mains viz. English, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, and General Awareness. A descriptive paper has been introduced which has 2 questions- Letter Writing and Essay writing
- Duration of Exam: – The exam will be of 3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)
- Nature of Questions: – Questions asked in the exam will be of objective type (MCQs). Each question will have 4 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
- Marking Scheme: – Each question will carry 1 mark. Negative marking will also be applicable. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Section-wise Weight age of Mains Exam
According to the new pattern introduced by IBPS, two more descriptive questions in English have been introduced with the increase in time limit by 30 minutes. The total marks for the section are 25.
|Section Name||Total Questions||Allotted Time||Total Marks|
|English Language||35||40 minutes||40|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||45 minutes||60|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60 minutes||60|
|General Awareness||40||35 minutes||40|
|English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2 Questions||30 minutes||25 Marks|
|Total||157 Questions||3 hours 30 minutes||225 Marks|
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern for Interview
- Candidates who qualify Mains exam are eligible for the interview round.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks.
- This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO exam.
- This round carries a 20% weight age in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate’s communication skills and personality is examined.